One-piece unit to handle extreme abuse.
GRIP RACING Flywheels are CAD designed and manufactured from a solid one piece billet chromoly steel forgings. They are designed to reduce weight and inertia for great engine response. Our Chromoly-Steel flywheels have a combination of low weight and high heat capacity which is specifically designed for any types of street or track racing such as Drift, Drag, Rally, Time Attack, and more. The reduced weight and inertia gives you a snappier throttle response and quicker shifting as mentioned before. These types of flywheels are designed to increase major airflow which helps cool down the entire clutch. It has been tested up to 18,000 rpm without failure. GRIP Flywheels are designed and tested to ensure the safety and quality of every flywheel. Years of R&D has given us the knowledge and firsthand experience to choose wisely the best material to manufacture flywheels that will surpass your expectations. All of GRIP flywheels are made from 4140CHROMOLY-STEEL. GRIP Flywheels are SFI Certified meeting performance standards for the automotive and motorsport industry.
Benefits of a GRIP RACING 14LBS Light Weight flywheel:
- Light-weight for improved for better performance and Quicker Rev’s.
- (Aluminum Flywheels) Consist of a replaceable heat shield (friction surface), eliminating need to resurface flywheel.
- Reduces major turbo “lag” in turbo-charged engines.
- Increased supercharger efficiency due to less drag on the crank.
- Professionally CNC machined and balanced.
- Better AirFlow means lesser chance of burning the clutch
- CAD designed
- SFI Certified.
Grip Racing flywheel bolts are thread rolled after heat-treat, which gives them about 1000% better fatigue strength than OEM bolts that are threaded prior to heat-treat (a very common industry practice). It costs a lot more to do it this way, because it s tough on tooling, but the results are well worth the extra effort. Made of hardened steel for durability.